Sunday, November 18, 2007

Car Illustrations

I'm passionate about cars, I remember drawing cars since I was in kindergarten. So, what better subjects to illustrate and practice my pen tool than with cars. Tracing and vectorising cars is a great way to get yourself acquainted with the pen tool in Illustrator as it forces you to make accurate lines and shapes. Heck, I couldn't draw a car, my hands are too shaky which is an annoying problem to have when you want to be an aspiring artist.


One day, I had too much time and no work at my old workplace, and I decided to really get into detailed vectors. It took ages but the satisfaction I had was liberating. Its a vector of the Brabus rims you see above. Just to show the difference in detail (if you could see it that is), the first pic below (Murcielago Taxi) is my first car vector ever, and it was completed during my multimedia course. I gave up on adding more details because I got tired of trying to master the pen tool.


To tell you the truth, I haven't quite mastered the pen, but every practice makes me more and more comfortable with it. And as a result, I started to love vectors. Check out the other car vectors I produced.


With the exception of the blue Mitsubishi Concept X, all of these cars were created in Illustrator. The Concept X was traced in Flash.

Please visit my Deviantart to check out more illustrations. Click here

9 artistic comments:

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* Dinadrama said...

mau celen watermark kah?

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* bem69 said...

eh itu labelling je, watermark u put across the whole pic kannnn?

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* Dinadrama said...

same diff

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* Zendreus said...

I like your LamboCab!

Can't wait till the day I get to sit in one of those. =P

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* Hor ny Ang Moh said...

Woah! U r good! Very good! Have a nice day!

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* bem69 said...

zendreus - hey, I can't wait myself, but I don't think the idea will see the light of day heheh

hor ny ang moh - thanks, not that good lah.. ok ok only... Have a nice day too!

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* Kusa Hafiez said...

terelnye ko cakap jepun. terasa seperti bersiar-siar di jepun.

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* bem69 said...

apa ni kusa spam-spam ni...

*/ a expr:href='data:comment.authorUrl' rel='nofollow' /* Dinadrama said...

same diff

Blog Widget by LinkWithin